i wanna learn swedish
Okay, verbs in Swedish are a dream. But what about nouns and these freaking rules for conjugating them?
Skull Brocade Underbust Corset by Lady Moon Designs
Model: Nia Beckett
literally “and that would be enough”
- Title: Shrunken Head Lollipops
- Fandom: Beetlejuice
- Yield: 12
- There are multiple fandom-related recipes that can be found under my ‘fandom cookbook’ tag.
- Image and recipe source are the same.
- 1-2 six cavity skull lollipop mold
- 12 lollipop sticks
- 14 oz. bag vanilla candy melts
- 4 tablespoons ground cinnamon
- 12 Tootsie Rolls candies
- 4 oz. dark chocolate
- 12 candy bones
- Sisal twine or raffia
- Wash lollipop mold and dry thoroughly. Have mold and lollipop sticks ready to receive melted candy. Place about 7 oz. (half the bag) of vanilla candy melts in a microwave-safe bowl. Heat at 30 second intervals until the candy can be stirred smooth. Stir in 2 tablespoons cinnamon. Mix until candy is consistently speckled with cinnamon. Spoon candy in lollipop molds and rap the mold on a work surface to remove air bubbles. Insert lollipop sticks and rotate 1/2 turn to coat the stick with candy. Place in refrigerator until set, about 10 minutes.
- Remove skull pops from the mold and place on a sheet of wax paper. If using only one mold, repeat process with remaining candy, cinnamon and lollipop sticks.
- Place remaining cinnamon candy mixture in a disposable piping bag or zip-top bag with a small hole snipped from one corner (reheat in microwave at 30 second intervals if candy has set). Pipe the candy into the eye cavities of the skulls. Gently tap each lollipop on a work surface to smooth the candy. Let stand until set, about 5-10 minutes.
- Unwrap a Tootsie Roll and fringe one end length-wise using a small paring knife.
- Flatten the un-cut end of the Tootsie Roll and press it onto the top of the skull’s head to shape the “hair” piece.
- Attach the hair piece using a little of the melted cinnamon candy, and then attach a candy bone to the center of the hair piece. Repeat this process with remaining Tootsie Rolls and candy bones; reheat the cinnamon candy mixture as needed. Let lollipops stand until set.
- Melt the dark chocolate in a microwave-safe bowl at 30 second intervals until smooth. Place in a disposable piping bag or zip-top bag with a tiny hole snipped in one corner.
- Place the skull lollipops on a sheet of wax paper and pipe a horizontal line of chocolate onto the lower third portion of each “eyelid.” Make three vertical “stitches” over each horizontal line.
- Pipe a horizontal line across the skulls’ mouths, and make three or four vertical “stitches” over each horizontal line. Let the chocolate stand until set, about 15 minutes.
- For the ties, wrap sisal twine or raffia 4-5 times around three fingers. Snip from the spindle with scissors and then cinch at the center and tie with another piece of twine. Snip loop-ends with scissors. Tie the twine bunches onto the lollipop sticks.
- Finish by dusting with cinnamon. Package suckers in cellophane bags as party treats, or display them standing upright in a Styrofoam block that is covered with decorative Halloween paper.
Vincent Tuloup: Once Upon a Midnight Dreary…
Wet plate collodion / Ambrotype